As a freelancer, you have to be able to motivate yourself to get things done. Sometimes that proves more difficult than others. I’ve compiled a list of my favorite motivational quotes on productivity. I write a quote a day on the white board next to my desk to serve as a constant reminder.
Even if you’re not a freelance designer, motivational quotes can help give you perspective and be more productive in your job.
- “There is no substitute for hard work.” – Thomas Edison
- “The best time to start was last year. Failing that, today will do.” – Chris Guillebeau
- “Just get started. There are some days when you don’t feel like heading out the door for a run, or figuring out your budget, or whatever it is you’re supposed to do that day for your goal. Well, instead of thinking about how hard it is, and how long it will take, tell yourself that you just have to start.” – Leo Babauta
- “My goal is no longer to get more done, but to have less to do.” – Francine Jay
- “Why do anything unless it is going to be great?” – Peter Block
- “It is your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude.” – Zig Ziglar
- “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.” – Tony Robbins
- “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The Sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “Remember that time is money.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” – Paul Meyer